Title: Accident Investigation For Everyone
This program features safety professional Tom Harvey. Accident investigation is a key component of an effective safety process, but very few investigations achieve their intended purpose. All too often the focus of an investigation is finding someone responsible for an incident, but it should really be about finding facts, finding real causes and finding the fixes that will prevent the incident from happening again. For an accident investigation to be successful, it must lead to proactive safety improvements and injury prevention. This program will help everyone involved in an investigation - management, employees and investigators - understand their roles in the process. Viewers will also learn how to recognize common mistakes made during investigations and how to make the right changes that can prevent injuries and improve workplace safety.
After watching the program, the participant will be able to explain the following:
• The significance of reporting an accident in the first place;
• The role of employees, management and investigators in the investigative process;
• The questions that are most effective when interviewing an accident witness;
• The process for analyzing components of risk and implementing solutions;
• The importance of following up after solutions have been implemented.
- Product type: Video
- Video length: 23 Minutes
- Available languages: English and Spanish
- A Release from: Ed Res